On Tuesday, November 24, Sasaki Principal and Chair of External Relations, Liz von Goeler, LEED AP ID+C, CDT, will speak on a panel entitled, “Women in Construction in Deign: Female-Driven Leadership in the Face of Pandemic,” hosted by Bisnow.
von Goeler will be joined by Marcella Barrière, Real Estate Project Executive, Google; Gretchen McGill, Vice President, Construction, The Davis Companies; Laura Gregoriadis, President, CREW Boston; Abigail Roberts, PE, Senior Project Manager / Sustainability Manager, Turner Construction; and Amy Marks, Industry Innovator, Leader, Advocate, Autodesk Construction Cloud, who will moderate.
The webinar will address the following topics:
- How has the pandemic impacted organizational development in the design and construction industry? Are there strategies in place to overcome recent challenges?
- How are women in leadership roles creating opportunities for others?
- How can women approach careers in the design and construction industry in a way that will set them apart?
- Has the pandemic made it more difficult for companies to focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives? Is this apparent in projects currently underway in the field?
- As we navigate a dramatically different professional landscape, how can professionals looking for roles present themselves in a manner to show value to teams now? What skills in design and development are most relevant today?